Monday, February 2, 2009

The Major Remodel

Ron decided he wanted the kitchen enclosed or separated from the dining/living rooms. Then I had the idea if he was going to do that we should lower the ceiling in the dining area too. And, so the fun began...I didn't realize how much um "stuff" I had jammed in the cabinets. I packed and packed and Ron carried it all upstairs, Which is probably how he got that hernia that sent him into so much pain I had to call 911 for an ambulance and got him admitted to the hospital for 4 days. Once back home Ron just couldn't stand looking at the mess so started working sooner than he should but he is doing real good now. Knowing that Ron was supposed to be recouperating from surgery, family and friends showed up to help with the heavy lifting and climbing up tall ladders. As you will see in this video Ron didn't stay sitting for long lol. We just finished putting up the dry wall and will start the taping and mudding tomorrow. I will continue to take pictures as we go and make another video showing the progress.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures. Hard to visualize without them. I bet you can't wait until its done. Its going to be great.

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones