Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mud

Don't ever let anyone tell you mudding drywall is easy! Ok well maybe it is easy to apply but, talk about time consuming and messy and about as exciting as watching paint dry, (kinda the same thing lol). Ron will finish the "First" coat on the taped parts today, and I have finished all the screws at least twice some 3 coats. Whose idea was it to put 30 screws per sheet anyway?? ok maybe there aren't that many lol. What a mess when doing the ceilings too haha, splats on the clothes and floors. I have a bad habit of walking around barefoot and it is not fun when you forget to look where you are walking and step on that stuff ewww.
Yesterday Ron was doing the ceiling and a big drop of that plopped on his shoulder lol, reminded me of the time we went to Marine World and I talked him into going in an Aviary, the second he stepped in the door a bird pooped on his shoulder lol gross. But its coming along nicely and actually looking like a kitchen and dining area now :). Ron should start the texture application in the next few days yippee.
These pictures are from when we first started the mud process, you can tell because I was still smiling lol.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, you've got your work cut out for you, but it'll be wonderful when it's done! Thanks for visiting my blog -- did you find me through Veronica's blog? I wish you GREAT SUCCESS with your remodeling, but I want to see more of your polymer clay pieces, please! (smile)

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones